Can you believe I'm in my second trimester? It's going by so fast. I have been very fortunate to not suffer from any major pregnancy symptoms. I rarely get very sick, I'm not on an emotional rollercoaster like I thought I would be, and I'm not too awfully tired. However, when I get sick, it brings me down. Yesterday, I barely got a bath. Between being nauseous and having a throbbing headache, it was a plain old rough day.
As you all know, I'm not a small girl. I'm not ashamed to say I was a size 14 pre-pregnancy. It's not like I can say I was a size 10, I think it's pretty obvious I'm voluptuous. I've been wearing maternity pants since about 8 weeks strictly for comfort. I even told Marty when I turn 50, my pants will all be elastic. Try on a pair of maternity jeans, and you'll see what I'm talking about. My thighs and butt seem to be growing by the day even with only about 1 pound of weight gain. Today, I almost had a meltdown when my favorite maternity jeans felt tighter going on. I came to the realization that even though my belly hasn't shown much growth yet, it will one day. Very soon I'm sure. I will happily take the discomfort. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune by the end of the pregnancy. No need for I told you so's when the time comes.
I had an appointment with my OB today. Nothing to report. The nurse listened to the heartbeat and the OB felt my abdomen. She talked about the screenings for Down's and other things. I talked it over with Marty and we won't be doing any testing. We're blessed to be having a baby and that's all that matters!
I go in September 9th for pretty much the same kind of appointment. A tummy check is what they called it. By the end of September/beginning of October, we should know if baby is a boy or girl!
Here is a recording from a few days ago of our baby's heartbeat:
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/MartyAndAmanda/?action=view¤t=100_3520.flv
