Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend with my parents

My mom and dad came for a visit this weekend. They arrived around noon Friday. I was glad they came.

We didn't do much but hang out at the house and do a few little things. Saturday I made some delicious french toast for breakfast that everyone enjoyed. We met someone my dad works with at a little mom and pop chicken place in Roanoke, Babe's. They only have two things on the menu: fried chicken and chicken fried steak. It's served family style, the chicken is half a chicken and the steak is HUGE. That was almost the best fried chicken right next to my mom's. It's pretty darn close to hers though. Her gravy is what makes her chicken better. You can't have fried chicken without chicken gravy! On the way home we stopped by Sheridan's for some frozen custard. You can't beat that Saturday. Fried chicken and frozen custard. Yum.

Mom and I decided we were going shopping when we made it home. We stopped by a children's furniture store and mom said I had to bring Marty back. We went to the mall where I walked out with nearly $200 worth of maternity clothes that I needed badly. I took mom to Joann to look at their cross stitch patterns. Then two very tired women made it home.

I was sad to see them go, I teared up waving goodbye in the driveway. They're great parents. They're up for just about anything and I like that. It was an excellent weekend.

Sunday afternoon I took Marty back to the furniture store. We have the set we would like to have picked out already. Call us crazy, but we loved it.