Sunday, November 2, 2008

25 Weeks and the latest

So our lives aren't that exciting. We're a fairly boring couple but find our own day to day life pretty exciting since we get to share it with each another. All together now...awww.



Marty and I went out for an afternoon date last weekend. He took me a few places I wanted to go and even stepped into a Starbucks next to Ulta and ordered us both some coffee. While we were there I mentioned we should go by Williams-Sonoma to check out one of the pans I've been wanting. I want the entire set, but it's just not in the budget. I have one small French skillet, but I was in desparate need for a larger one to replace my sad sad Sam's bargain pan. It's possible to fall in love with cookware, believe me. That's what happened right in front of my husband as I picked up this gorgeous 4 qt saute pan and drooled over it. He must have noticed the sparkle in my eye as I flipped through to make sure it wasn't something in the set I want. He told the salesman to bring one out for us. It was like Christmas day the year I got my bike




I had to cook some chicken parmesan to test it out. Nothing sticks to this bad boy. It's not even non-stick! Enough about the awesome pan.





Sunday was the Randy Travis concert. So so so exciting to see such an amazing artist. Randy Travis live was even better than listening to his albums. Not just because of the atmosphere, he's just that good. Marty and I got a big kick out of hearing the first few notes of a song and looking at each other surprised that we recognized most of them. Jack must have enjoyed it too, because he was kicking around. We knew the concert was coming to an end, but something terrible happened. Okay, it was terrible for the pregnant lady, quite hilarious to her husband. My shoe, a flip flop, broke. Oh my gosh. I had the deer in headlights look, I know. Marty was cracking up as I'm in a panic over having to walk barefoot to the car. Mr. Magic Hands to the rescue! (Yeah, I call him Magic Hands because he can fix just about anything with nearly nothing.) He quickly pulled a spare keyring off my keychain and made my shoe wearable again, all through "Forever and ever, Amen." He saved the day and we laughed about it on the way home.





Tuesday Marty had to leave for a flight. He doesn't travel much these days. Just enough to keep his hours up quarterly. I miss him. I especially miss him when things bad happen. Okay, here comes a woe is me moment. I hate that bad things seem to always happen when he's gone. Like the dog digging out of our yard. I was almost in tears because I could not think straight. I went across the street and our neighbor jumped the fence and found Rayleigh crouched down beside a mound of dirt. They're building a house behind us, so I think she was confused by there not being another yard. He blocked the gap with a huge rock. Let's hope that doesn't happen again along with anything else "bad."





So, a wonderful thing happened Wednesday. I've been trying to make a point of looking down at my belly when Jack starts moving. He started his morning wiggling and I quickly looked down and saw a little thump! How exciting! Later on that day he was doing some bouncing around because I saw my belly wiggle side to side as he went left to right and back. Amazing.





I try to keep busy when he's gone too. I went shopping Friday with a friend and found a baby book. I wasn't too pleased with it so headed to Babies R Us and found one that I was much happer with. Must be the crazy pregnancy hormones, because I teared up with each one I picked up. It's not like me to cry over things like a book, a BLANK book at that. I just thought about sitting down and filling it all in and it just made those tears want to escape. Then it hits me...we're going to have a baby soon. Anyhow, we have a baby book!





I think that's about all of the excitement of the week. *Yawn* I know. Here is the big 25 weeks picture.




I have another doctor's appointment Tuesday where I will be downing the orange drink for the dreaded glucose test. Eh, I'm not worried about having to down the overly sweet drink. I just want to pass the test. Marty should be home Wednesday! Thursday we plan on going to the cloth diapering class, so I'm excited about that too.

15ish weeks left, yikes!

Jaime

2 comments:

Christina T said...

It sounds like you and Marty had a wonderful weekend. You guys deserve it.

I miss you! And I hope that all is well. :)

Brooke said...

Your love for Marty and Marty's love for you is inspiring! Your posts make me smile :)