Monday, January 19, 2009

36 Weeks


The swelling seems to have spread all over my body. My face feels like it's always puffed up and it feels strange to talk. It seems like my mouth just won't work right because it's surrounded by puffiness. When I smile, Marty asks if I can even see. I have squinty eyes already, so it's 10 times worse now. My pants don't even fit right anymore. They're super snug on my legs because, like I said, I'm swollen all over.

I hope to hear good news tomorrow from my doctor. I turned in my big red jug for the 24 hour urine collection Thursday morning. I have no idea what to expect. I hope to update tomorrow night or Wednesday.

I finally received fluffy mail last week! (That means I got my order of cloth diapers.) I prepped my unbleached Chinese cotton prefolds. They're ready for Jack!


I had to test my skills, but I have no baby yet. I remembered I had a perfectly sized bear in Jack's crib!
I'm sure I'll get better with some practice, but really, I did pretty good.
We have put off painting the nursery long enough! Knowing we have PCS this summer, I didn't want to paint it anything crazy or too babyish, so we went neutral and picked a color from the bedding. It's much darker than we anticipated, but we're going to make it work.



Marty painted the room all by himself while I sat on the couch with my feet up. I checked in occasionally, commenting on how dark the paint was every time.



I ordered some prints from http://www.art.com/ once I realized we would need something to brighten up the room. I think they're pretty darn adorable.









So, let me tell you all about what never needs to happen to a pregnant lady. Oh, yes, this will be good. Running out of gas. It brings the pregnant lady to tears when she realizes her car has died as she coasts into the turning lane on a busy highway. Fun times. I was on my way to take Rayleigh to the vet Friday afternoon. I wasn't even 1.5 miles from my house when it happened. I immediately called Marty in a panic which put him in a panic. He left work, but didn't know how long it would take him because he usually has to sit in traffic at numerous red lights. So, I called my friend, Kelli. She's Ms. Reliable. Kelli and her kids came to the rescue as I sat in the turning lane with my sick dog.

As I waited, quite a few people pulled up behind me wondering why I wasn't going anywhere. Did they not see that I had my flashers on? Did they not see the 3 car lengths of empty turning lane ahead of me? So many people were oblivious to what I thought was obviously a broken down vehicle. Oh, that's right, they were talking on their cell phones! I wasn't about to get out of my car to tell them what was going on. The road I was on is crazy busy and people speed. No thanks.

Kelli arrived and took me to the gas station, less than 1 mile away, and we got a cansiter of gas. Remember, my car is parked in the turning lane, with 3 car lengths of emptiness ahead of it before the light, with the flashers on. There are still people sitting behind my car waiting on me to turn, but there is NO DRIVER. Are people really THAT stupid? I do believe so. But, hey, I AM the one that ran out of gas. I had a flashback while I was waiting too.




I put the little bit of gas in my car and went straight back to the gas station. Marty pulled up shortly after. We were having a problem with our cell phones, of all days, so he didn't know if I was okay. Considering this is the second time this has happened, he wonders if there is a problem with my car, like the sensor not letting me know soon enough about gas being low. Well, I'm sure it's more operator error. I will not let my car get below 1/8 of a tank from now on.


I had to reschedule the appointment since I couldn't make it. We took Rayleigh in Saturday morning. The vet seems to think she has a strained tendon. Her back left leg is swollen and she won't walk anywhere unless we coax her. That's rare. She's been like this since Thursday. This is not my happy and energetic Rayleigh.



We have to carry her everywhere, even outside. She didn't pee for nearly 24 hours. Not because of dehydration, but because she hurt so bad to walk. Thank goodness she seems to be doing a little better. She's eating and drinking fine, but is having some crazy side effects from the anti-inflammatory meds. Her skin turns red (blood pressure goes up), she pants, shakes, and looks terrified. I spoke with the vet and we're hoping to find a medication she can take. The vet said she's never had a dog react like this before. OF COURSE NOT. That's because it's my dog. Lucky us.


Let's all hope for some good news tomorrow from my doctor! We don't need anything else bad happening!



Jaime

No comments: