Monday, April 27, 2009

He makes everything better


I know every new mom says their child is perfect. But he is seriously the most perfect thing I have ever seen. He is the best thing I have ever had in my life. I'm going to cry just thinking about how different things are around here. In such a great way. I love having him here. Marty and I were so ready to have him with us. Even at 2:00am, when we are so ready to go back to sleep, he can make us smile and our hearts just melt when he gives us a big grin and says, "Ahhh." He may not be able to say it just yet, but I know he's as in love with us as we are with him.

Jack is crazy awesome. I tell everyone how he is such a good baby. He puts himself to sleep...
He even has a certain way he does it with his right hand in his hair...
He's an awesome traveller (more pictures of Jack's first trip to Louisiana will be posted ASAP)...
Sometimes he just likes to chill on the couch with Daddy...
Hang out in the BabyBjorn...
And he loves baths...
He is all smiles when he wakes up too. He rarely fusses. He only does that when he's hungry or needs a diaper change. But being so super awesome can wear a kid out (Pardon the stains on Marty's shirt, he has four brown shirts because of these "mysterious" stains. Did you notice all the brown t-shirts in these pictures?)...
Speaking of diapers, we are still using cloth diapers and loving them! I even started making fitteds and covers! Here is a cover I made:

I ordered two diaper covers from an etsy seller, and looked over them closely. I figured I would give it a shot and I think mine turned out nice. Here are the ones I ordered:

I am very pleased with them.

I can't believe he's already 2 months old!

Grandma and Grampy will be visiting again this weekend. We are very excited to have Grandma come stay with us for a week.

Jaime

2 comments:

kelly said...

I always wore a white shirt so that I could bleach the stains out from Tucker. Your little one is so cute with all that hair. We really enjoy seeing all the pictures. Take care.

Kelly, Haley and Tucker

Christina T said...

Amanda - this post just makes my heart melt! Jack is such a handsome little man who is lucky to have you and Marty as parents. I love seeing pictures of him!