Wednesday, August 26, 2009

6 Months!


People are so right when they say time goes by so fast when you have a baby. I don't want him to grow up, but I sure do enjoy seeing all the changes. Jack finally started rolling over the night before we left for San Diego (that post is being edited and is picture heavy). He is a big talker. He'll squeal and make serious faces at anyone that will take a few minutes to "talk." He's recently turned into a Momma's Boy. He's doing wonderful on solids. He's had rice cereal, avocado, sweet potatoes, apples, and tiny bite of banana just this morning. Sweet potatoes are his favorite so far. I can't blame him, Momma's a good cook!
Making his food was so much easier than I expected. Peel, cube, steam, throw it in the food processor/blender/use an immersion blender, add cooking water until it's the right consistency, and done! I make it in batches so I freeze in ice cube trays, and then transfer them to freezer bags and date them. Easy. I did most of my research (very little, really) here about baby food making.
We had his 6 month checkup yesterday. I can't say enough good things about our pediatrician. She's so laidback, I love her! I asked about how much grains and fruits/veggies he's supposed to get daily. I told her he ate two tablespoons of sweet potatoes, she said since he was a great eater, to just give him what he wants. And none of that waiting four days until moving on to the next food either. Woo hoo!
Jack screamed for about a minute with his shots. Those nurses are pros at giving shots super fast! She was done with all FOUR shots before he got a breath from the first scream. He's been a tad more clingy today than usual, but no side effects from the shots at all. Yay!

Jack weighs 16 lbs. and is 26 1/2 inches long. 30th% (approximately) for both. His length must have been measured wrong last time, because he was 26 1/2 inches long two months ago. Ha!

Jaime

No comments: