Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grandma's Hobby

My mom has been cross stitching for years. She taught me when I was 8. I remember sitting in the waiting room of a hospital while a friend of hers was having surgery and whining about being bored. She was working on a gift for another friend of hers that was pregnant. Mom has always loved making things as gifts. I think she has given away more things than she has made for herself. Anyhow, I asked if she would show me how to cross stitch something. Ever since then, I've made things here and there. Mom always has a project going. She can complete one in a matter of days. She made the following items in what seemed like a single day each!


I was talking to her when Jack was about 6 weeks or so. I told her I felt like cleaning, but just didn't have the time to do it. I didn't want anyone to think I was a slob if they stopped by and there was a sink full of dirty dishes. Marty could only do so much to help with the housework after a fully day's work. This is what she made me:



In case you can't read it:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow. For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."


It's very fitting that I haven't framed it yet either. Ha!
Here is something from long ago that she made me. She made one for all of us, actually.


Jack doesn't even have teeth yet, but he's ready for that tooth fairy!

Jaime

No comments: