Thursday, September 11, 2008

The hurricane evacuees

We made it back home from LA on Thursday and spent a few days lounging around the house trying to recover from "vacation." We knew Gustav was on his way. We were prepared to host my parents for the weekend. We headed to the grocery store to stock up on food and snacks since Daren and Katelyn would be coming too.

They arrived Sunday afternoon with Rudy, the dog. They were worried how he would handle the drive and being in the house since he is an outside dog. He's an ornery old dog too. He did excellent! Even chilling in the middle of the living room.

Photobucket Image Hosting


He was just happy to be here!

Katelyn helped bake a cake for us all to enjoy. Fudgy chocolate cake with strawberries and ganache.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Daren played the Wii and watched some shows.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Mom and I took the kids to the toy store. Then we headed to Babies R Us. Mom wanted to see the stroller we picked out. I played with it again, like I do every time I see it. We looked at the bedding and Mom spied some bedding I might like and called me over. I checked it out, it looked like what I had been picturing in my head. Neutral and with animals. She bought it as a gift. She's awesome. We each got a booklet of coupons, well, I got them both.

Dad and Marty repaired the picnic table Marty built. It was getting to be a bit too wobbly for comfort. It's perfect and under the patio now! His (Dad's) next project is to install the timer for our water heater. Marty could figure it out, but he likes a little help from someone with experience.

Marty left Tuesday for work. He had to go to Las Vegas. The family left Wednesday for Louisiana with no damage when they returned. Thank you! I sat around the house, sad they were all gone. Marty returned Thursday as expected. I love that man.

It looks the parents may return though, thanks to Ike. We have a bed ready for them! I hope it doesn't hit them. I would love to see them again, but the don't need to go through another hurricane. However, we need that timer installed! I kid.