Sunday, October 12, 2008

22 Weeks


Same shirt, different day. That's an Old Navy maternity shirt, and it's heavenly to wear something so comfortable that also offers the questionable pregnant look. Well, I am pregnant, not just packing on the pounds. So, I'll go with it since it's so comfy.

I've grown out of two pairs of maternity jeans. They didn't have the full panel of stretchiness that seems to be more comfortable. They pretty much were jeans that had the waistband replaced with a wide elastic band. Perfect for the beginning, but not so much with the growing belly. Plus, my thighs seem to have grown and weren't going to squeeze into them much longer. So, I'm down to two pairs of jeans and it's all I wear. Comfort is #1 for me.

My parents came in this weekend too! We were headed out the door when we snapped today's picture. We (mainly me) were starving by the time 11:00 rolled around when Taverna opened for brunch. I had OJ and everyone else had bottomless mimosas. That was the most delicious meal I have ever eaten. As are all of my meals lately. Have I mentioned that I eat man-sized portions?

We dropped the guys off at the house and Momma and I headed for Babies R Us and the mall. We came across some great sales. She told me no more onesies, only outfits. This is what I already have for onesies:


She was right, no more onesies for us. Here are some of the cool outfits Jack will be wearing when he arrives.





This is the only thing I paid for full-price. I couldn't resist it. I knew if I passed it up, I would be on a mad hunt to find it later. So, it had to be bought. It says "perfect (just like my dad)."


The boy needs shoes too. The pair on the left came from a previous shopping trip to Target with a friend. The ones on the right came from Babies R Us. Awesomeness.



Jack's clothes, shoes, etc. so far:






I told my mom we needed to get home because my toes were beginning to look like little sausages. I don't want to deal with any kind of swelling, so I take it pretty easy. After our shopping trip we stopped by Starbucks and headed home. We had dinner with the guys at my favorite BBQ place. Mom and I went to see Nights in Rodanthe after dinner. It was a wonderful day with my mom. I told my dad this morning I was mad at him for taking my mom away from me. He says they'll be back in a month. I hope they keep up the monthly visits. I love that they're willing to make the drive to come see us. Sometimes it's not as easy for us to pack up and leave for a weekend.

Now I miss my mom :-(


Jaime

1 comment:

Christina T said...

I'm so glad that you and your mom had such a wonderful visit! :) Sounds like a great weekend with lots of Jack goodies!