Jack Martin is still due February 15th and he's measuring right on time. The doctor said he looks perfect. He weighs 1 lb. right now too! Marty is beside himself. The tech had "the" shot on the screen and left it up to us to figure out. Um, no doubts that Marty is going to have a fishing buddy. He proudly stated that fact in the u/s suite too. The tech is such a sweetheart. She remembered us from the very first u/s and that Marty is a Marine. Her husband is a Navy pilot. She was about to hand over the pictures she printed and made sure to tell us to kinda hide them from those in the waiting room. haha She gave us 12 pictures!
Here is our little Jack!


Jack was super cooperative. He only wiggled a tiny bit and wasn't any trouble at all. She got all of her measurements easily. I can feel him moving around now though! Marty is still waiting to feel him. I found out the placenta is anterior, so it may take him even longer to feel good movements from the outside. We left the doctor's office once we were told all was okay and headed straight to Toys R Us, Old Navy, and The Children's Place where we bought a few outfits.

The Children's Place if full of cuteness. Don't go in that store. How could we resist the little gray onesie with the car that says "High Maintenance"??? And the shoes. Oh, my. The shoes! The cool "Awesome Academy" shirt that's paired up with the jeans came from Old Navy. Yes, my kid is already awesome
I go back in 4 weeks for the dreaded glucose test. Yum.
Our moms loved the way we announced it to them. We had flowers delivered to them in a little blue cube vase with white flowers and a mylar "It's a boy" balloon. My mom was so tickled when she called me. She got them around 1:45. I had told her our appointment was rescheduled for 3:00, when it was actually at 11:00. I had to make sure the delivery had plenty of time to make it there! She said she loved finding out that way instead of just hearing over the phone "hey, Mom, it's a boy!" Nothing wrong with that, but we didn't announce the pregnancy in a big way, so we wanted this to be special.
Marty's mom had knee surgery today. From what his dad told me, she still LOVED the arrangement we sent and was very happy about it. I'll check up on her tomorrow to see if she's feeling any better since she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia.
Overall, it was a SPLENDID day for everyone!
I go back in 4 weeks for the dreaded glucose test. Yum.
Our moms loved the way we announced it to them. We had flowers delivered to them in a little blue cube vase with white flowers and a mylar "It's a boy" balloon. My mom was so tickled when she called me. She got them around 1:45. I had told her our appointment was rescheduled for 3:00, when it was actually at 11:00. I had to make sure the delivery had plenty of time to make it there! She said she loved finding out that way instead of just hearing over the phone "hey, Mom, it's a boy!" Nothing wrong with that, but we didn't announce the pregnancy in a big way, so we wanted this to be special.
Marty's mom had knee surgery today. From what his dad told me, she still LOVED the arrangement we sent and was very happy about it. I'll check up on her tomorrow to see if she's feeling any better since she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia.
Overall, it was a SPLENDID day for everyone!

5 comments:
I love all of your outfits! :) Jack Martin is going to be one well dressed little boy.
And I adore the way you guys told your moms. That's really sweet, and I'm glad they loved it too!
Congratulations Amanda & Marty! Go Team Blue!
Awwww a little boy!!! How exciting! Get ready for the baseball, football, basketball, golf, fishing and hunting! Super cool! Congrats Amanda and Marty!
Yay! Congrats on the baby boy!
Welcome to Team Blue hon!!! I love the little outfits you picked up! :) Jack is going to be one well dressed little boy :)
Post a Comment