Thursday, October 16, 2008

Marty felt the baby!

Jack always moves around a bit once I lay down at night. Marty is usually out within minutes of hitting his pillow. Like last night. We were watching Las Vegas (we'll never finish our DVR'd episodes, EVER) and Jack began his wiggling. I think I scared Marty when I grabbed his hand oh so gently to place it on my stomach. He thought something was wrong. Poor guy. Once he figured out what I was doing we laid real still. Jack started his kicking and wiggling and his daddy got to feel it! He said he felt tiny thumps. I was so happy about that!

I know Marty and I have both already developed a bond with the baby. It means so much to me to involve Marty with as much as possible. I am so happy I'm at the point in this pregnancy that he can feel his son growing bigger and stronger. He gets to hear about all the discomforts too. He's a good man to listen to the crazy things pregnancy has done to my body.

Somehow, my feet have grown at least by 1/2 size. I've heard this is common. I'll be going shoe shopping tomorrow. Every pair of shoes in my closet that is not flip flops is too snug. Not just in width, but length too. Ouch.


Jaime

2 comments:

Christina T said...

Awww Amanda, I'm so glad that Marty got to feel Jack moving around! What a special thing to share. :)

I hope you are able to find some comfortable shoes today!!

Jacqui said...

This made me smile SO much!!! I am so incredibly happy for you guys!!!