Monday, October 13, 2008

Anniversary Present

Marty and I only exchanged presents our first anniversary. Something always comes up that we can't get out shopping or something happens that we HAVE to go out and spend money. Well, it happened again this year. I won't complain any since this year's gift was supposed to be, according to traditional anniversary presents lists, new appliances.

We have ourselves a brand new washer and dryer set! They arrived one week before our anniversary. I didn't mind doing laundry too much before. I LOVE my new set. No more awful banging from the mis-matched washer and squeaky dryer. It got to the point that I didn't want to turn the dryer on for fear of something smoking and sputtering.

We also decided the day before the new set arrived, to hang up something in the backyard.

Pretty ironic, right? I don't know why we didn't do this sooner. Our electric bill went up to $300 over the summer. Energy costs are ridiculous here. The heat is unbearable, so maybe I put it off because I didn't want to break a sweat before I got the first towel hung on the line. It brings me great satisfaction not having to pay to dry my clothes. The new dryer hasn't been used as much. At least we're cutting back on that energy bill!

Jaime

No comments: