8 weeks left, oh my!
I'm still feeling pretty cruddy. I can't seem to get much done before I feel like I need a break. Sleeping has become difficult. I was awake at 2am with terrible pains in my hips. I decided to try the couch and that seems to make it worse, as I'm paying for it this morning.
I'm still feeling pretty cruddy. I can't seem to get much done before I feel like I need a break. Sleeping has become difficult. I was awake at 2am with terrible pains in my hips. I decided to try the couch and that seems to make it worse, as I'm paying for it this morning.
I managed to get a tiny bit of picking up done around the house. Marty has been stuck on the east coast since Wednesday. His parents were supposed to come in, but had to cancel when Marty found out he wouldn't be home until Monday at the earliest. I'm bummed. I don't feel good, our house is a mess, and I'm a hormonal pregnant lady. I just want my husband home with me.
Good news is that we are done with our Christmas shopping! We didn't have much to shop for this year, so it was fairly quick. I'm excited about Marty's present. I know he's going to be thrilled about it. No, honey, I won't say what it is. (He reads this occasionally.)
I don't think I've blogged about our cloth diapers yet. Well, Marty talked me into making them instead of purchasing them. He decided he liked the All In One diapers, which happen to be the most expensive ones out there. They are exactly what they say they are, all in one. They have the absorbent soaker pad sewn into the inner layer and a waterproof outer layer. Most of them come with a pretty fabric on the outside too. I decided to take on the challenge. We brought back my mom's old Singer when we were home for Thanksgiving. This is what I've made so far:


These are all the newborns I've made. I need to make a few more. We're going to use these, fitteds, and prefolds with covers during the newborn stage. We need to get an idea of what works for us and Jack. So, I don't want to go overboard with making these and they end up not working. But, it's saving us approximately $5 per diaper by making them myself.
Now, we just need to get the Marty home and we'll be off to Louisiana for Christmas. This will be the last trip home with just the two of us! Pretty crazy.
I have to brag too. Even though I feel pretty crappy, I'm feeling great about the way I look. I've had some pretty tough days where I just thought I looked so frumpy with my not-so-pregnant-looking-belly. For being plus size, I think I look damn good. There, I said it. The compliments my neighbors and friends have given certainly help out too :-)

1 comment:
Awwww look at that belly! Love it! You do look so good! I sorry you feel crappy... the best is yet to come and jsut think you are literally weeks away!
Post a Comment