When we first got Molly, she was so timid. She was terrified of everything. We had to close all the doors, gate off the dining room, and rearrange furniture to prevent her from hiding. She would piddle any time anyone got near her. I had to carefully corner her, just to pick her up. She even lost control of her bowels sometimes she would get herself so worked up over everything. I was so scared for her. I would pack her around the house just so she would know I was here to care for her and love her. No one was going to hurt her. Her only friend seemed to be Rayleigh. They got along great from the start. Rayleigh regressed with some of her training, but we worked around that.

To everyone, but me, she was a BAD dog. She got into everything. We had such a hard time house training her. She even thought it was okay to relieve herself in her kennel. I can't say that I was ever really truly angry at her for any of her behavior. I knew she came from a bad place. She was originally from a backyard breeder.
We think she was even abused by someone that must have looked similar to Marty, because she HATED him. Full-blown barking and high pitched when he would walk in the room. It's like she would forget who he was the second she blinked. My heart broke for her. Many tears were shed by me because I knew how frustrated Marty was with this psycho dog taking over his house. He even tried convincing me to give her to my parents since she liked them both and did really well in their home when we visited. I just couldn't do it. I was too attached to her. It was hard for him to understand how great of a dog she could be when he wasn't home. I admit it, it's not the way a "family" dog should behave.I think it took this timid little firecracker a year to start wagging her little nub of a tail. See, it was such a sad situation. What dog doesn't wag their tail? I could write a novel about this dog and her issues. I knew it wasn't us causing her problems, but her past. She was only around 4 1/2 months when we got her, but she must have been through so much to be THAT afraid of life itself.
I can't say that she is 100% comfortable with Marty. She is coming around to him daily. She loves being talked to. Her tail wiggles when Marty talks to her. You can tell she wants to jump up and be held by him so badly, but she has been afraid of him for so long. I'm sure it has to do with him being gone a few days at a time. I'm ALWAYS home with her, so for a dog that has one person she trusts, I can see why she would be afraid of this man coming into our home. That's how she sees it, it's her home. Marty sees how full of life Molly is now. He sees me rubbing her belly, her bouncing for treats, and jumping on the couch to snuggle with me. I'm so glad Marty even had the patience with her. He's doing everything he knows how to get her to come around. She's such a different dog then the day we got her. I just hope she comes around to him fully so he can truly enjoy having her as part of our family.
I can't say that she is 100% comfortable with Marty. She is coming around to him daily. She loves being talked to. Her tail wiggles when Marty talks to her. You can tell she wants to jump up and be held by him so badly, but she has been afraid of him for so long. I'm sure it has to do with him being gone a few days at a time. I'm ALWAYS home with her, so for a dog that has one person she trusts, I can see why she would be afraid of this man coming into our home. That's how she sees it, it's her home. Marty sees how full of life Molly is now. He sees me rubbing her belly, her bouncing for treats, and jumping on the couch to snuggle with me. I'm so glad Marty even had the patience with her. He's doing everything he knows how to get her to come around. She's such a different dog then the day we got her. I just hope she comes around to him fully so he can truly enjoy having her as part of our family.
I love this dog so much. I love the way she slaps her paws on my chest when she wants attention. I love the way she sits on Rayleigh when she wants to snuggle with her. I love the way her back end seems to get ahead of her front end when she runs. She's our little baby.
Blogger seems to be having trouble uploading photos, so I'll add more later when it's working!

No comments:
Post a Comment