We joked the rest of the day about our fat baby, Micah even joining in on the fun. I questioned eating the gigantic bacon cheeseburger from the steakhouse the previous day. It was done. There was no going back. I had to move on and eat better.
After our tour of the base, we headed home. I remember the moment I started to not feel right. I decided to lay down for a little while, thinking I was just on-the-go a little much.
I couldn't get out of bed, I was miserable. I started throwing up around 5:00. I was crying about how I just couldn't deal with this. I knew it was a stomach virus of some kind. I know my body, even if the on-call nurse said to wait 24 hours before going to L&D. Pfft is what I said at 2:00am. Marty got me dressed. I was too weak to do much more than hang my head over the trashcan at that point. We made it to L&D and I was admitted, monitored, given phenergan and an IV with fluids. The nauseousness went away, but I could not rest in that tiny bed. I was so uncomfortable. I was whimpering, whining, and almost in tears trying to get some rest while the fluids were going. Marty raised the bed, lowered the bed, put pillows around me, rubbed my back, folded pillows, tucked my feet in...nothing helped. Have I mentioned how fantastic my husband is? He took such great care of me. I could tell he was so worried and just wanted to do anything to make me as comfortable as possible.
At some point I ripped the blood pressure cuff off my arm because it was getting on my nerves. I was so out of it because of the meds. I just wanted to go home. Marty got the nurse and she asked me about 10 times if I was sure I was okay. I knew I was fine with the phenergan and just wanted to sleep in my big comfy king size bed at that point. They let me go, thank goodness. Jack and I were fine.
I slept all day Wednesday while Marty and Micah sawed, drilled, and hammered away in the garage. The garage shares a wall with our bedroom, and I was not phased by it one bit. Not only did I feel bad physically, I knew we couldn't leave at noon like we planned. I somehow got a shower, and Marty helped me get dressed, again. I managed to gather a few items and put them on the bed for Marty to pack. He and Micah were just waiting on me to say we could go. Marty managed to remember everything, even peppermints and juice, and we made it out by 6:30. He and Micah drove the whole way while I slept. Both of them are awesome.
We made it to DeRidder around 12:30 and I went straight to bed. I slept off and on all Thanksgiving Day. Marty and Mom baked the ham I was suppose to bake. I think I remember explaining a little of it to them, that day is pretty foggy. Marty's mom and dad came over to my parents' house for dinner and we all sat down for some yummy food. I managed to eat a little because I was so hungry. All I had was juice and saltine crackers before then.
So, having a stomach virus the day before Thanksgiving, SUCKS! I have lost 2 lbs since I was told to watch my empty calories. Believe me, I'm still eating enough. I'm trying to make better choices. Here is our chubby little boy and another confirmation that Jack is still Jack.

No profile shot because of his position. He was head down, which is a good thing! He had his hands by his face again, so cute. That's my handsome man. We are so happy about our little boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment